Hi, Happy New Month!
We are in the last month of the year already! Really, how does time fly by so quickly?
This post is a sequel to my post on the concept of white space which you can find here. You should read it before proceeding. I promised to share on how to incorporate white space in your life in this post.
- Schedule ahead of time – Have you heard the quote before? – “what does not get scheduled does not get done” This holds true a lot of times. If you do not plan ahead to have a certain time in your day or week where you spend time away from hustle and bustle, then you most likely won’t do it.
- Set a timer: Now that we have set a time to quiet down and take a break from the autopilot mode, let us ensure that we do it. Set a timer for that period and tell yourself nothing else matters until this time is up. I find that doing this can help you stay focused.
- Prepare an activity: You do not have to stay put in a place during your whitespace time. You can decide to take a walk, read a book, visit with a friend who makes you laugh hard, watch a good movie, or even sleep. Remember that white spaces are “strategic times of rest and relaxation” (Kyle Seagraves). Plan ahead what relaxing activity you want to do. Again the key word here is relaxing, don’t task your brain unnecessarily here.
- Slowly build it into a routine: To get the best of white spacing, you have to keep at it. So build a routine that works with your life. Can you take 30 minutes daily to spend sometime with you and/or with people that really matter to you? Is 45 minutes per week more feasible for you instead to read a favorite book? Try to build a routine around it then. This way, carving out white space time becomes something you do versus leave to chance.
- Join the WHITE SPACE CHALLENGE: Remember I shared that we would do a challenge to help us incorporate white spaces in to our lives? Click on this link to find out a lot more about it. It will be a 10 day challenge where I send you audio prompts to help you quiet down, journal and reflect. This will help kickstart your white space journey, boost your productivity and keep you grounded. If you are interested, click here to join. It is FREE.
Rooting for you! Keep evolving and loving it.