Hello there! I hope your day is going on well.
I am thankful for God’s grace and sovereignty.
So about 16 days ago, I heard a not-so-good news from home and I was just “weak”. Anyhoo, it got me thinking about how if we lose somebody, all the times we have spoken to them and the memories we have can’t really make up for the years of not being able to talk to them because they are gone and I realized that just God stays eternal.
I figured that all the word of God I have heard, learnt, studied right from a tender age still works today, still has power and still matters despite having learnt them a long time ago.
Think about it………… (Isn’t that amazing???)
So I decided to drop a few bible verses I pray with depending on what’s going on with me. I hope they help you and that your faith in Jesus is restored and even increases. Here we go;
- In moments of grief and in need of comfort ; “The righteous perisheth, and no man layeth it to heart: and merciful men are taken away, none considering that the righteous is taken away from the evil to come ..”(Isaiah 57:1) and “Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God.” – 2 Corinthians 1:3-4
- When I am stressed out and worried about school, people, finances. I just remind myself that I have been given a free invitation to exchange my burden with a lighter one. Matthew 11: 28-30; Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
- When I feel directionless and confused; Proverbs 16:3 – Commit thy works unto the LORD, and thy thoughts shall be established and Psalm 32: 8 says “I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye” I like the NLT ; The LORD says, “I will guide thee along the best pathway for your life, I will advise you and watch over you”
- When I feel purposeless like the moment you go “what’s the point of all these”. I remember “For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end” (Jeremiah 29:11)
- I have a request or rather requesttttsss (*smile and wink*); Now unto him that is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us (Ephesians 3:20), Matthew 7:7 – Ask and it shall be given you, seek and ye shall find, knock and it shall be opened unto you; and vs 9-11 says “or what man is there of yo, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone? or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent? If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your heavenly Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?”
- When my thoughts are not right- filled with doubts, impurity, anger etc. I pray with 2 Corinthians 10: 5 – Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ. That means I subject my thoughts to the authority of Jesus in my life and begin to discard thoughts that do not please God!
- Last but not the least, ha-ha, when I have fallen short of the glory for no good enough reason and I am feeling very guilty and that cycle like I described in my last post. 2 chronicles 7:14 – If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land, (1 John 1:9) If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness and lastly psalm 51 [you will have to look it up yourself :)]
All scriptures are quoted from KJV except otherwise stated.
P.S: Song of the week: Rejoice in Him by Sinach because despite all that comes my way I’m gonna dance and praise HIM 😉